Wednesday 28 May 2014

Jamieson's rocks and minerals

This morning Jamieson carefully brought two boxes of precious rocks to school.





Everyone chose their favourite one:


Francesca: "I like this one because it has patterns coming out from the middle"



Breea: "it's nice and smooth; really really smooth."



Amelie: "I like that crystal because it's quite shiny and I like the shape of it."

Breea wrote a poem about it:

Right and white
for everybody
sparkly and rough and hard
a pinch of red
of wool on the head.
I'm gonna call it Mark.
It's pointy on the bottom.
It doesn't hurt too much
a little grazed on the inside
a little grazed on the out.
It's middle name is Sassy
and it cannot be changed
by the law of Wellington's mayor.



 Joe: "I like them because they're quite shiny and they glow and the colour fades together and they're quite unique."



Aliya: "I like this because it's big and shiny and you can hold it easily. And it can't cut people and it's interesting."



Cody: "I like this one because it's shiny and pointy on the top and it looks like it has real crystal."



Noah: "I like all the details of both of the carvings of the mouse and the crocodile. They're both really cool."



Jamieson's dad carved this mouse when he was five years old, and he carved the crocodile when he was only eight!



From the left, we have obsidian, silver in the middle, and rose quartz on the right.



This is a Maori spearhead carved out of obsidian. Cody wrote a poem about it:

Jamieson's obsidian

Shiny and bright
all black, curved and Maori
off the top of a spear.

Luca also wrote a poem about it:

Knife

Its smooth surface
glints like the sea on a dark moonlit night.
I turn its crinkled lining up to the light
and it turns a pale milk colour.
The knife.



This is a fossil egg. Laila wrote a poem about it:

An old man, old and young
was having fun
today.

One day an animal came out
out came a dinosaur,
a triceratops.



Mel wrote a poem about this rock; it's a polished piece of amethyst:

Shining bright
under the light,
it curves and swirls.
Cracks widen
and let out
happiness of purple.
Shining bright
under the light,
swirly whirly twirl.



The ginormous crystal | by Quinn

The crystal shines in the sunlight.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it.
I said to myself, who brought in this crystal?
It is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment