Wednesday 14 May 2014

Desert riding | By Joe


My best friend and I were skateboarding down the abandoned highway at midday. We were alone. We watched mounds of dirt zoom by as we went by. We saw the skidmarks of cars that had gone down this road. My friend was trying to do a trick but failed. I went over to him to see if he was okay. Luckily he was fine. Then we got up and started skating again. We heard dingos howling like the wind as we skated by. In the distance we could see mountains of stone towering over us, putting us in the shadows. It was a hot and dry day. We viewed dead dry bushes as we passed. We were focussing like mad, trying not to fall over. I could smell the dust under my nose. The rolling of the wheels echoed across the valley.

2 comments:

  1. Hey that is really cool. I love this piece of writing which I read in an email before I saw the picture. Now I see the picture with it I can really feel what you are saying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great atmosphere you've created Joe, I can really feel the hot dry air and imagine the echoing sounds. The dead bushes add to it just perfectly too.

    ReplyDelete