Tuesday 27 May 2014

Cross country day | by Ella

I woke up thinking it was a normal day. Mum called, “it’s breakfast time, Ella!” I stumbled out of bed. Charlie was chatting away about his lego ship.
“It’s cross country!” 
I shivered.
“It… it… it’s… cro…ss… country?!”
I picked the last blueberry out of my bowl.
“Yes,” said Mum as I put my bowl up at the bench.

After I had gotten dressed, brushed my hair and was getting my shoes on I had butterflies in my tummy. We arrived at school, did the roll, and got our bags on. You can do it! I thought to myself.

The bus pulled up. The closer we got the more nervous I got.

3 hours later…

3…2…1… GO! Suddenly everyone zoomed past leaving me behind. 7…8…6…5…4! 4th!  I have never run this fast before!
“Here come the bushes!” I was in the forest now. I stumbled over a big root and I hurt my ankle. I kept on going. The air smelt musty. I felt a pain going down my back. Then I saw a clearing and heard people clapping. Tenth now. In a few minutes I was over the fence and had crossed the finish line! I waited for Sophia and clapped when I saw her.

No comments:

Post a Comment