Monday 8 September 2014

Marina's story | By Mahinaz

I take one last look back at our house. I try to remember the whole house and the stuff in it. I hope Gleam and Glow are okay in their fishpond. I think I will miss the big oak tree because I remember when I climbed it. The flower garden was growing very well and very high. I'll remember the back window and the wooden house. I feel sad for two reasons, because I don't want to leave the house and I don't want to leave Gleam and Glow behind. Another reason we are sad is because we have to look for Dad and find him and then help him. I hope we find Dad very quickly.

This was written after reading the beginning of Gleam and Glow, a story of a family forced to flee in the Bosnian conflict. This piece is written from the perspective of one of the children in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment