Friday 29 August 2014

The Landfill by Harry

Today we went to the Wellington Landfill. When I got out of the bus I felt annoyed because of the smell. We had to wear yellow jackets because of the traffic.

First we looked at the poster which showed you how much rubbish can be in a yellow bag. 




Then we looked at some of the scrap metal. Each TV, to recycle, costs $25. It costs that much money because they have to take all the parts out and recycle each part differently.

After we looked at the recycle centre we got on the bus and drove to the tip. When we got out of the bus, I was even more annoyed because it was even more smelly. I felt desolate when I looked at the birds. It was like pollution. It wasn't even covered up. When we went back to the bus we looked at the compost. The good thing is, you can use it.

It wasn't better than any trips and it wasn't worse than any other trips so it was an okay trip.

1 comment:

  1. Harry, I really enjoyed this writing - it made me laugh, I get annoyed by that smell too! You added loads of detail, and I think your appraisal that it was an okay trip sounds pretty fair. Well done, Rachael (Niamh's Mum).

    ReplyDelete