Friday 29 August 2014

Dear Joy Cowley

After reading A Letter from Fish Bay about Joy Cowley, some of us wrote letters to her. Here's Quinn's letter:

M13
Island Bay School
Thames St
Island Bay
Wellington 6023

Friday 29th August

Dear Joy Cowley,

I go to Island Bay School at the bottom of the North Island. I like your book, Dunger, because it is really descriptive. My favourite bit is when the kids don’t want to go to the grandma’s house and the story about them forgetting to flush the toilet.

Did an author make you want to become an author? How many times have you started a book in 2014? How old is the train set in your office? Is Dunger an adult book? What type of ice-cream do you like best? What’s your favourite spider? I’ve just been learning about spiders for my Inquiry.

What’s your favourite fish out of the salmon, sole, and mullet and that you catch? I want to know because I can tell how much you like fishing.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Quinn 

1 comment:

  1. Quinn, what a lovely letter, Joy Cowley is going to be delighted. It's a lovely detail that you noticed how much she must like fishing. You have some great questions. Rachael (Niamh's mum).

    ReplyDelete